Let's get started.
Announcing sub-Q 1.1.0
2015-10-14 · by Tory Hoke
UPDATE: 2015/10/14 11:00 AM – If ever anything looks weird on the site, refresh the page with your browser! (Via F5 or “Refresh” button.)
Typically I roll out small features on the sneak, but the latest stuff is significant enough to get out in the open.
On sub-Q’s playable posts (our stories), find these modifications:
- No more back button (redundant to browser/device)
- Swapped positions of banner links to applause and story details
- Changed story details icon from a confusing “Q” to more meaningful question mark
- Changed behavior of story details link so that it now opens a summary pop-up with a link to details page (thanks to suggestion from Porpentine)
- Standardized and narrowed applause and details popups so they fit a vertical mobile viewport
Throughout the site, enjoy:
- A streamlined header
- Automatic redirecting to story outside of iframe for readers visiting from iOS devices (which don’t play well with dynamic iframes), plus redirecting to details page (with open applause pop-up) when applauding from a story
- A way to give loot you’ve found to other people
- A way to redeem a completed set of loot for something neat. Soon. Very soon.